1) Creating awareness among the people of the importance of Biodiversity, the consequences of using inappropriate technology and address the problems associated with the over use of biological resources and on increasing human migration, Travel and International trade etc…
2) Inseminate the concept of NPC to all those who become the stakeholders to implement it like Volenteers, NGO heads and staffs, panchayath leaders, teachers, social workers, SHG groups, Govet officials, Social work students and the like…
3) To offer as many as training possible and capacity building training on Leadership and Personality development to the children to achieve the proposed targets.
4) To create block level coordinators so as to make it more effective.
5) To create a Lab which will serve as the referral for the concept NPC to the entire,state, nation and the world.
6) To organize village level, panchayath level, block level, district level, NPC network functions and monitor that all are well federated.
7) Publishing a newsletter to serve as a link.
8) To inculcate Attitudinal
changes at the young age itself so as to create futuristic dreamers of the
How and where did this initiative originate –
whose idea was it?
This has been evolved by M. J. Edwin of Kanniyakumari district of Tamil Nadu and experimented first in the same district in 2003. It was first formed as neighbourhood human communities and then after the Tsunami natural catastrophe the niehgbourhood parliament of Children got rooted fast. Dr. R. Isaac of Dindigul district has made his doctoral research on this concept and came out with his own contributions which add wholeness to the concept with new elements and proved it as authorized person who is now state president of organizing NPC. Recently, many more volunteers have trained themselves in the concept and begun to implement the same.
Is this project innovative? If yes, please
highlight innovative features of your initiative?
The project is highly innovative, including:
a) Formation through Action is the approach adopted here for the children who are made to become futuristic dreamers of a just society with adequate leadership qualities and Personality growth.
b) A unique approach is applied for the sustainable social development through children and Youth and the least in the society.
c) It provides platform for everybody in the society to participate.
d) It is more effective, sincere, transparent, accountable, and there is subsidiarity,
The five principles like
Numerical uniformity, Smallness in size, Recall facility, Subsidiarity, are the
main mainstreaming factors to create a new world.
a) To create Attitudinal changes at the young age of the children and lead them to the practice of direct democracy.
b) A unique approach: It is just compared to a plant cultivation. The farmer observes his field when it is time for the plants to produce crops but the plants are insects affected and sickly and he finds he can not get the crops as he expected. Therefore he tries to spray medicines and manure it and water it. In spite of those efforts he can not get the crops as he expected. Instead he concentrates keenly from the time of sowing the seed, watering, manuring, protecting from the insects etc and he will get the full crop. Similarly our approach is applied to the children. The grown up society is full of corruption and with violence and anti social elements, unhealthy and unstable political situation, ethnic problems, Caste and Religious fanaticism etc… India stands first in the corruption as per the statistical informations. To rectify these situations and create a better society and to bring effective social change, it is not possible with the grown up society but only by creating a new generation with Appropriate Value based Attitudinal changes in the younger generations. This approach in done in NPC.
c) UNICEF- has Awarded for this movement as the best Child led movement for the year 2008-2009 in the International level. It is awarded as the best concept for promoting child rights, protecting child rights and producing better future leaders for the society.
Complete file Click--->CHILDREN__S_PARLIAMENTS_DINDIGUL